Do you have someone you know that does this in conversation?
A person who, while in a conversation with others, contributes their part to the conversation making their point and then when someone else contributes to make their point that person almost always feels the need to attach an addendum to the other persons statement. An addendumizer.
I have someone that I know who does this to me all the time and it is so frustrating. Not just because it is as if they are someone who is trying to have the last word every time, but because, although they probably believe they are "laser-focusing" my own point, they are usually in fact giving my statement's actual point an inflection, or skewing the statements meaning onto a tangent which, in fact, I was not attempting to make. It's as if they have nullified your point. You have a particular take on something and you express it precisely as you have intended only to have this boob, who doesn't actually follow your point, steer it back to the point they just made as if you are in total agreement with their take on the subject. So, you can never seem to make your point because they won't let you make your point and just let it rest.
I think these are the little things in life that explain the proliferation of liquor stores.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments with foul language will be removed.