Translate

Monday, March 26, 2012

Honda Sucks!

I will no longer be a customer or a fan of Honda.
An image representing our 2000 Honda Accord V6 Ex 

I had written a letter to Honda's Headquarters for Customer Service about a reoccurring failure of our alternator.
Our 2000 Honda Accord EX V6 has had an issue with the electrical system that has caused the (very expensive) alternator to fail at a rate of about once every two years. I wrote explaining the long running issue and asking if they could do something to impress upon our local dealership's service department (write or contact them) to actually diagnose the electrical system to find the cause of the repeated failures rather than simply replacing the alternator this time (simply repairing the symptom).
We have tried to impress upon them to investigate the electrical system ourselves, yet they always just say nothing is wrong with the electrical system and simply replace the alternator. You know, the customary brush off that implies that you are just a naive peasant who simply doesn't know what their talking about. I thought perhaps some heat from a higher authority might help to get things done. It has worked in the past with other companies in similar situations. To me, 5 alternators in 10 years equals something wrong with the electrical system and more than enough of an indicator of such.
Honda's Customer Service Representative contacted us today by phone and this was their response and I quote, "Why don't you take your car to your local dealership and offer them some money to investigate the problem". end quote.
How ingenious! So basically do they same thing we have always done. Take the car to the dealership's service center to have the car repaired. Only this time dangle some money at the end of a stick to coerce them to actually investigate the problem this time. I am shocked and appalled that this kind of patronization passes as a resolution to an issue for Honda. So this is what we can come to expect from Honda in regard to taking something seriously. So much for quality.
Ya Honda! I'm real impressed!! Give me a break!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with foul language will be removed.