Translate

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Amazon wish lists

Blog Entry
Hello,

    When I had first really started to use my multiply site, one of the first blogs that I posted was the idea of everyone sharing an Amazon.com wish list so everyone might know what gift they might get someone for their Birthday, Christmas or otherwise.   You see, Amazon.com has a means of adding items to a "Wish List" so that others can search for other people and look up their wish lists for this very purpose.  So, I had added the link to the bottom of my page.  The neat thing about the Amazon.com wish list is, as I pointed out in my original post, that just because you place a wish list on Amazon.com, that doesn't mean you have to buy what is on a persons wish list at Amazon.com.  You could just refer to the wish list and buy it locally or just somewhere else.

Well, I don't know if Multiply got their idea from my site or what, but they have a new feature they have created for people to use.  It is still in the beta (testing) stage but they now have a feature called, "Amazon Wish Lists".  The way it works is simple.  If you already have an amazon wish list created on Amazon.com, all you have to do is enter your email address (the one you use for Amazon.com) and it will automatically poll your wish list from the Amazon site and post it as a blog on your page.  Every time you add an item it will post a blog for that too.  I have sent some suggestions back to Multiply about how I think some of that might be handled differently, but this thing is still in the beta stages after all.

If you would like to set your site to link to your own Amazon Wish List, then you can just go here.  Add an Amazon Wish List

You can also add a wish list by going to the "Settings" link at the top of your site page and you can find the feature listed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with foul language will be removed.